Saturday, July 24, 2010

Why I Chose MBA?

Written By Sadaf Fayyaz, 
 
My Personal Diary, On 21st April, 2010



I chose BU for doing my MBA. My area of interest is Human Resource Management. MBA has a much wider scope than Masters of Sciences or any other Engineering degree. An MBA Program provides the highest quality graduate business education. It allows us to maximize our potential and helps us to advance our career. An MBA program teaches us all the skills we need to be successful in a dynamic business world.

A capability of a Computer science Graduate is limited. He is offered jobs only in the development sector. There can be one more example. An MBA program teaches us to communicate, monitor and organize our different activities. It teaches us good leadership qualities, analytical skills, management skills, problem solving, efficient decision making and planned risk management. On the other hand, a computer science graduate might be having excellent potential, but due to bad planning and poor leadership qualities, he may not be able to communicate or lead his project members. About ninety percent of the software projects fail badly due to bad planning, awful project scheduling, and poor time management.

In an MBA program, we learn how to face the business world challenges. We learn how to manage the functional and strategic levels of an organization. How we should present ourselves? What type of competitors we have? What lucrative markets exist for us? An MBA degree has an answer to all these queries.

With the passage of time, MBA has been classified as MBA Finance, MBA Marketing, MBA Information Technology, MBA Human Resource Management, MBA executive and MBA Human Resource Development. Each of these divisions has its own pros and cons. It depends on the person what major to go for. If a person is good at convincing people, he can be a good sales person, a marketing executive or a corporate sales manager in any organization. If an individual opts for banking as a career, he goes for MBA Finance. If a bank employer thinks that in order to get promoted, he needs to have an MBA degree, he chooses MBA executive. All these vary from individual to individual.

The manager of the future must master a world of cross-functional jobs and hybrid industries. The future requires the ability to put together business functions, the ability to integrate new technologies across functions, and the ability to integrate knowledge from business and non-business disciplines into a successful project

After two years course of MBA, I will be having different markets open for me. It merely depends on my area of interest, and which major I go for. If I do my major in Human Resource Management, I would have a broader scope. In any organization or multinational company, Human Resource department is the core one.
This note I wrote 5 years ago::: Now all this doesn't seem true to me, simply do not know what others would think about it. This was the perception in my mind, when I joined the program.

1 comment:

  1. Hey dear! I am a female MBA from Karachi, Pakistan. Honestly just trying to find smarties like you to talk to me on various issues. I write on topics related to society, religion as well as some funny stuff.

    The Emotional Lava

    ReplyDelete