Friday, July 23, 2010

Graduate Days Spotlight


Written On 22nd October, 2009 Personal Diary
by
Sadaf Fayyaz


I joined Bahria after a hard-hitting approval of migration policies and procedures. Though, red tape mechanism has always devastated many industries, including education. I felt extremely praised after getting admission in MBA. The first day I went to MBA class, I found majority of the boys and only five ladies, which was an outlandish ratio. After the initial introductory sessions, normal lectures commenced. Nanny was the class head and seemed quite a compassionate guy. He was the first to come and ask me if I had any problem, I could promptly go to him without any hesitation. I had a very fastidious intuition of him on the very first day.

Our finance lectures were almost “aspirin oriented” and dreary. Only a couple of students, who were some finance acumen, developed ardent interest in the course. The rest of us used to catnap during the unexciting sessions. Human Resource course was much better and no one got that irked. Ramadan approached and taking classes became quite hard, due to lack of sleep and food. The most horrified course was of accounting, which I was exempted from. I used to take eighty percent of my lectures with MBA associates. Days passed by, and some of us started becoming pretty interfering and over-chirpy with others. I remember one such specific day when I was sitting with the class head on a bench. Ivan was passing by. He made a sick remark,”Aha, at last it is done”. He was spotting Nanny, not me. But I developed a very ghastly notion about him. Who was he to point out? On the very same evening, I received his message, “What comes to your mind when you think of me?” I replied, “An abuse, of course”. He must have felt quite awful, but replied, “Lady, that was a good shot”.
There were some miraculous folks, who were more interested in knowing my age and personifications, though, I never relished their queries. I never cherished their ardent ways and cheeky stuff. Some of them were truly fastidious and obliging. I really liked Nanny’s enchanting sense of humor, which very few individual possess. He was very witty as well. One day, there was a discussion going on marriage, I promptly remarked, “I shall never marry, that’s my final decision.” Nanny ejaculated swiftly,”You will not marry or no one will marry you?” Everyone started laughing and I was speechless. Our mid terms approached and I started having some stomach problem one day before Organizational Behavior paper. I prepared it well, but next day I started vomiting and having agonizing joint cramps. My blood pressure dropped drastically, which made me dreadfully lethargic. Mom was quite vexed as I wasn’t in a condition to appear in the paper. She took up my cell and found a class fellow’s number in it. She called and told him about my condition. (This she told me when I woke up in the evening.) Somehow, my paper was arranged and I had to appear again.
Then a spiteful presentation era instigated, with everyone being malicious and inimitable about his/her own projects. The presentation details I won’t be mentioning here. We had a trip to Murree and PC Bhurbin. One night before, my newly-married cousin came with her family and in-laws and there was a dinner at our place. I came much drained from university and extremely fatigued. Mom told me about 6 pm that she had arranged a nice dinner for her niece. What the hell? She hadn’t done any cooking at all and asked me to cook. I managed to make only five dishes, as I was totally worn-out. The guests came around 8.30 and left around 2 am. I was so tired that couldn’t sleep for the whole night. Next day, I had to wake up early for our trip. We went in a group and enjoyed a lot at Murree. All the way in the bus, we kept buzzing Bollywood new arrivals. No doubt, we had grand fun together. There wasn’t any food till 4 pm and I started having hunger cramps. We held singing competitions that made our voice hoarse. We held picture sessions and started at around 6pm. I came home and went to sleep early.
Ivan had captured some trip moments, which he was quite eager to show us. Upon my entering the café, he screamed, “Hey has the hospital authority discharged you? You looked very exhausted in the pictures.” I felt like smacking him, but after looking at the pictures, felt that he was incredibly right. I was really looking like a patient, with weary eyes, insomniac looks and dark circles around eyes.
Though, things started becoming exceedingly political and malicious, towards the end of the semester, where every group had its own axe to grind. Such idiotic things even bothered me a lot. But still I enjoyed the beginning days at Bahria.
We only remember the events that are extremely joyful or tremendously agonized, and forget the rest......Sadaf Fayyaz

2 comments: